Yes, there is a carrier to transport bicycles or E-bikes inside. Click here.
It’s necessary to fasten this carrier on the floor very securely and steadily; it depends on the car type and is not always possible.
We will make the bike carrier only after consultation with the customer and on-demand.
Customers can purchase the alu mounting profile on the measure in cm units.
For shipping in the EC, the maximum length is 195 cm.
For other countries, it’s less and depends on the shipping partners.
Longer lengths (up to 515 cm) are possible if the customer collects the profile(s) at our warehouse in Veurne or by shipping at extra cost.
When sawing, the maximum tolerance will be 2 mm.
All the essential parts for fixation of the FIX-FORK fork mounts are made in robust, high-quality, and wear-resistant plastic to avoid damaging the dropouts of the forks. The damage is impossible if you use the appropriate fork mount, with the proper bicycle fork, in the correct way.
The possibility of use of the fork mounts depends especially
– On the size and available space in the vehicle
– The type and model of bicycle, ex. Race bike, MTB, E-Bike, E-MTB, City bike, etc.
– Size of the bike and size of the handlebar
Some samples :
– MPV cars
If the cargo space area is sufficient, you can use a FIX-FORK bicycle carrier in most MPV cars.
Usually, in every Van, enough space is available to transport bicycles.
Most models aren’t suitable for transporting bicycles with the fork mount system. The reason is that space is not high enough (because the loading floor is too high) unless you will dismount your bike’s seat post and (or) rear wheel.
– STATIONCAR (also called Combi, Station Wagon or Break): Almost identical to the SUV: The space is not high enough unless you dismount your bike’s seat post and (or) rear wheel.
The best way to know if bicycles fit in your car is to do a simulation.
Dismount the front wheel, and put your bike in your car. If it succeeds, then you can use the fork mount system to transport your bicycles inside the vehicle.
There are too many variables to assemble a standard bicycle rack for the interior.
Some of the variable factors :
– Type of vehicle
– Available space in the vehicle
– Mounting possibilities in the vehicle
– Types of bicycles
– Types of bicycle forks
– Size of bicycles and width of handlebars
– Personal preferences
Nevertheless, there are already standard configurations (= only the base) for some types of cars.
VW Caddy, MB V-Class, Renault Kangoo, Citroen Berlingo, etc.
A configuration depends on:
1. Type of vehicle.
2. Size and space available in the vehicle
3. Type and model of bicycle, ex. Race bike, MTB, E-Bike, E-MTB, City bike, etc…
4. Size of the bike and size of the handlebar
5. Type and model of the Fork, and also type of fixation.
6. Possibilities of fixation in the vehicle
7. Purpose of the installation. For example :
– In the car, just only for your own bicycles.
– Cycling teams : just only for race bikes
– Must fit for all kind of bikes ( like professional bicycle transport or for renting companies).
– Personal preference
That’s why the most FIX-FORK bicycle carriers are custom made.
See also the CASES.
It depends on the fixation possibilities in your vehicle.
This are the most used fixation methods :
– on existing fixation points in the floor, like in the nuts of disassembled lashing eyes
– In the original seat rails, like in MB V-Class, VW Multivan, etc…
– In the wooden floor, especially in Vans, this with the special screw insert for wood.
– On a carpet floor, with special Velcro plates
– With a clamping set between the 2 sides (especially in Camper).
Sliding nuts are delivered with the FIX-FORK products, only if you has ordered in the same order, also the alu-profile MP-100X16 to mount the products.
If you order a product afterwards, to mount on the alu-profile, you need also to order extra sliding nuts and bolts to mount on the alu profile.
There are two possibilities to put the sliding nuts in the profile
1. The most logical is to put the sliding nut from the sides of the profile.
2. Maybe not logic but it works also very good: from above See Manual – Video
PMM, or Plate Multi Mounting, is used when the existing fixing points in a vehicle are not on the appropriate place to mount the mounting profile. The adaptable PMM plate solves this problem and allows the mounting profile to be indirectly mounted to existing fixing points.
Delivery time depends on the country of destination. For Belgium and Holland, it’s 1 to 2 days (weekends not included). For other European EC countries, it varies from 3 to 6 days. For other countries, it depends on the shipping partner.